Frequently asked questions
1. What is the targeted age range of potential students?
MeAA serves grades 9-12.
2. Will sports be made available as MeAA?
Because MeAA highlights the arts, we do not have traditional sports programs. We foster healthy activities through our dance courses, yoga, outdoor fitness training, Outing Club and extracurricular activities. MeAA works with a student's local school disctrict for them to participate in traditional high school sports programs.
3. What are the hours of operation?
4. How will academic subjects be provided?
5. Will MeAA be able to provide services for my child who qualifies for special services?
Yes, as a public charter school MeAA is under the same obligation to provide access to special services as a regular public school. MeAA has a special education teacher on staff, along with a special education director and special education educational technician. MeAA may also contract with other providers, if necessary, to provide a free, appropriate education for all students.
6. Where will funding for MeAA come from?
Charter schools in Maine are publicly funded schools through the state, but do not recieve local tax support. We rely on state money, grants, and donations.